- About Us
- Cabinet Secretary
- Principal Secretary
- Chief of Protocol
- Executive Office
- Internal Audit
- International Trade
- Political Affairs
- Foreign Service Institute
- Diplomatic Missions
- Media Centre
- Resource Center
- Contact Us
Application of New Kenyan VISA
Please note that the possession of a Kenyan Visa is not the final authority to enter Kenya. The immigration officer at the port of entry may deny entry if the visitor is unable to fulfill the immigration requirements and if the entry and presence of such a person in Kenya would be contrary to national interests, even if such a person is in possession of a valid visa for Kenya.
- A Valid Passport ( Not photocopy ) with at least 2 unused pages to be submitted along with the application form. Passport will be mailed back once your Visa has been processed.
- Completed (Filled in) Application Form duly signed.
- Copy of flight Itinerary/Letter from travel agent on company letterhead confirming booking.
- Two Passport size photos (NB: Computer generated pictures are not acceptable)
- Visa Fees: (Money order/Cashier's Cheque Only Payable to The Kenya Consulate. Do not staple check/money order onto document)
ALL CLIENTS ARE ADVISED TO SUBMIT ONLY THE EXACT AMOUNT OF THE OFFICIAL FEE FOR THE SERVICE REQUIRED IN THE FORM OF MONEY ORDER OR CASHIERS CHEQUE. NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHEQUES ARE ACCEPTED.
(i)Single Entry............................................. Allows you to enter into Kenya once
(ii)Transit..................................................... Allows a short stop over (up to 24 hours) in Kenya
(iii)Multiple Entry.............................................Allows multiple times entry into Kenya
(IV)No Visa required for direct Transit (not leaving the airport)
NB: A single entry Visa would allow re-entry to Kenya from any of the following East African Countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda)
*Business Visas allow you to attend conferences, workshops, seminars or discussions. It does not mean that the holder of a business visa is allowed to work in Kenya. Those who wish to conduct temporary business in Kenya lasting up to three months require authorization from The Director of Immigration Services in Nairobi (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi Kenya) in form of Special Pass.
- A Visa is required prior to entry into Kenya.
- Children below 16 years of age do require a visa to enter Kenya.
- Visas are usually valid for six months from the issuance date
- Visas are issued within 5 (Five) business days from date of receipt of the application being sent by mail and courier services.
- A self-addressed stamped return courier envelope for Fedex, Express Mail, Certified Mail or Priority Mail with delivery confirmation (NB: UPS, Metered stamps and Regular mail are not acceptable).
- Please ensure that all your paperwork is well organised ( i.e photo stapled at the top left side of Application form, while your itinerary and application form are together)
Visa applications without complete requirements will not be processed. Please ensure all the requirements are met.
For more information on visa application and visa categories based on nationalities, please visit www.immigration.go.ke This website provides comprehensive details on all immigration services provided by the Department of Immigration of Kenya in Nairobi including but not limited to work permit, passes, citizenship, other immigration services and frequently asked questions (F.A.Qs)
Visa applicants who intend to undertake an internship/ placement and volunteer work in Kenya are further required to liaise with their host organizations/ companies in Kenya to make application for the appropriate authorization to the Director of Immigration Services (P.O. Box 30191, Nairobi. Telephone +254-222022) prior to their engagement in the respective attachments.
NB: Any incomplete application will be returned.
To avoid delays in processing your application please ensure that you have read all the requirements above.