Press Statement by Cabinet Secretary Amb. Amina Mohamed during the Joint Press Briefing with H.E. Bert Koenders, Netherlands Foreign Minister on April 13, 2017
- I take this opportunity to once again welcome to Kenya H.E Bert Koenders, The Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of The Netherlands.
- Kenya has had a long standing relations with the Dutch Government more specifically in the Health Sector. Philips and Unilever Companies have been in Kenya for a long time working through the UN System to ensure that Kenya achieves Universal Health care goal.
- Public Private Partnerships will be key drivers in achieving this particular goal. President Kenyatta has also prioritized the efforts toward achieving universal healthcare goals and demonstrated it with the passage of the free maternal health care bill.
- Today we have witnessed the signing of a Declaration of Intent between Foreign Ministry of the Kingdom of Netherlands and the National Counter Terrorism of Kenya on Cooperation in Countering Violent Extremism.
- The document was signed by H.E. France Makken, Amb. of Netherlands to Kenya and Amb. Martin Kimani, Director of the National Counter Terrorism Centre, and the President’s Special Envoy for Countering Violent Extremism.
- At this point I wish to welcome my colleague and Friend H.E Bert Koenders to address the media and there after H.E will take one or two questions.